WHO WE ARE
CAFSO-WRAG is a humanitarian, not for profit, and non-governmental organization established in 1994 in Ibadan, Nigeria. Its main task is to challenge the structures and institutions that perpetuate poverty, hunger and preventable diseases, and campaign for the fulfilment of all socio-economic and human rights for sustainable human and ecological development. Our target group cuts across migrants, Diasporas, children in especially difficult circumstances, youths for self-fulfilment, women gender with a special interest in political and economic empowerment for the betterment of the society.
A society free of injustice, human rights abuse, poverty, hunger and preventable diseases for a sustainable human and environmental development.
To campaign for the fulfilment of rights, ecological protection and human development in all ramifications.
Towards Sustainable Ecological and Human Development
- To promote human rights by thinking globally but acting locally.
- To facilitate the transition from youth to responsible adulthood.
- To empower the community for poverty alleviation.
- To strengthen national development through migration and Diaspora intervention.
- To challenge injustice and promote accountability and good governance.
- To provoke issues on peace and environmental protection
CAFSO-WRAG is registered as a non-profit making, non-governmental organization with:
- Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Certificate No. RC868793)
- Oyo State Ministry of Women Affairs Community Development and Social Welfare on the 1st of February 2006
- United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF”B” Zone) 1999 (see UNICEF Directory of NGOs/CBOs in Nigeria, Published in 2002)
- Ibadan North Local Government Council of Nigeria on the 9th of April, 1997 as Non-Governmental organization
- Ibadan North East Local Government Council of Nigeria on the 10th of February 1997 as non-profit making tax-exempt Non-Governmental Organization
- Climate Change
- Community Development
- Exchange Programme
- Gender Rights
- Peace Education
- Poverty Alleviation
- Refugee Relief and Empowerment Programme
- STDs/HIV-AIDS’ Campaign